European Football Championship

Discuss Czech sports and sporting activities in the Czech Republic.

Moderator: Sova

User avatar
wissy
Senior Member
Posts: 208
Joined: 12-Jun-05 20:57
Location: Surrey, England
Contact:

European Football Championship

Postby wissy » 18-Jun-08 17:19

No comments on the Czech football team - is everybody in denial? :wink:
petri
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: 19-May-04 8:52
Location: Finland

Postby petri » 18-Jun-08 20:44

wissy wrote:No comments on the Czech football team - is everybody in denial? :wink:

Surprise! :lol:
Well we, finns and englishmen, should be even more quiet... :D
scrimshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 3166
Joined: 31-Dec-04 2:37
Location: Florida

Postby scrimshaw » 19-Jun-08 0:46

Straying a little bit.
Do you guys remember when they started that international american style football league.
It made a go of it sometime in the eighties I think. Whatever became of that?
Jsem zvědav, jak by to vypadalo, kdybych byl přivolávačem deště. Jak by to vypadalo, kdybych uměl přivolat déšt'?
Mám pocit ale, že se to bohužel nikdy nedozvím.
User avatar
wissy
Senior Member
Posts: 208
Joined: 12-Jun-05 20:57
Location: Surrey, England
Contact:

Postby wissy » 19-Jun-08 10:25

petri wrote:Well we, finns and englishmen, should be even more quiet... :D


You're right petri. :oops: I know that England (and Finland) has a rubbish team and didn't deserve to qualify, but the Czechs had a good team and were expected to do much better even without Tomáš Rosický.
petri
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: 19-May-04 8:52
Location: Finland

Postby petri » 19-Jun-08 11:33

wissy wrote:
petri wrote:Well we, finns and englishmen, should be even more quiet... :D


You're right petri. :oops: I know that England (and Finland) has a rubbish team and didn't deserve to qualify, but the Czechs had a good team and were expected to do much better even without Tomáš Rosický.


Wissy, you´re absolutely right! 8)
Last time I really had high hopes for Team Czech, Greece ruined them. :(
User avatar
Sova
Moderator
Posts: 1500
Joined: 05-Jan-04 7:01
Location: NY, USA

Postby Sova » 19-Jun-08 17:19

scrimshaw wrote:Straying a little bit.
Do you guys remember when they started that international american style football league.
It made a go of it sometime in the eighties I think. Whatever became of that?

It's still there in some form: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Football_League.
User avatar
kibicz
Senior Member
Posts: 310
Joined: 10-Dec-07 18:09
Location: Praha

Postby kibicz » 19-Jun-08 23:49

I am actualy glad - no fans, no more shouting neighbours, cleaner squares and streets etc..
I need my czenglish corrected! (including this signature;)
fabik317
Senior Member
Posts: 261
Joined: 15-Feb-05 18:47
Location: Brno, CZ

Postby fabik317 » 20-Jun-08 1:27

I am actualy glad - no fans, no more shouting neighbours, cleaner squares and streets etc..


so true, even if the czech team won the world cup (not to mention the european one), how does that make _you_ (whoever you are) a better man?
hockey's at least exciting to watch:)
A woman? Never heard of it. What do you use it for? Where can I download one?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest