USA is truly blessed

Chitchat or discuss topics unrelated to the Czech Republic or Central & Eastern Europe.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic

bibax

Postby bibax » 10-May-09 23:37

we all live near a mcdon... restaurant

The man who was fully responsible for exporting McDonald's restaurants abroad was Raymond A. Kroc, born in Chicago to Czech parents (his grandparents were from Stupno near Plzeň).

Ray Kroc

Last edited by bibax on 24-May-09 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
rsalc1

Postby rsalc1 » 10-May-09 23:51

we all live near a mcdon... restaurant

True, but no one makes me eat in McDonald's, neither in the US nor when I travel across Europe.
I always go past the golden arches and find a better place to eat, simple! :)
GlennInFlorida

Postby GlennInFlorida » 11-May-09 13:20

Although I rarely eat at McDonald's (maybe once a year or so), I usually always stop in McDonald's in other countries - I like to see the regional differences in the menu and they usually have clean restrooms. BTW Czech McDonald's have much better Big Macs than here :)
"Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame
Petronela

Postby Petronela » 11-May-09 18:41

GlennInFlorida wrote:Although I rarely eat at McDonald's (maybe once a year or so), I usually always stop in McDonald's in other countries - I like to see the regional differences in the menu and they usually have clean restrooms. BTW Czech McDonald's have much better Big Macs than here :)

yep! and my husband is still telling the story of "...of how he ordered beer in McDs to wash down a burger ...." to anyone who will listen. :D
dzurisova

Postby dzurisova » 19-May-09 20:03

Huh, I'm gonna have to order a big mac next time I'm in Prague.
Bůh ti žehnej
littlerascle59

Postby littlerascle59 » 31-Oct-12 15:29

rsalc1 wrote:From a purely anecdotal point of view (my own observations while travelling to Europe and then returning to the US): I can say that I have seen very few fat people - and no obese people - in Europe, but as soon as I return to the US, I see too many super-sized bodies.
I wish it were not so.
This is true. Besides I need to drop about 30 pounds myself. :oops: