Hello from Zvikov/Orlik South Bohemia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by czechruralholidays, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Hello everyone, my family and I have lived in South Bohemia since 2004 but this is the first time I've used MyCzechRepublic boards. We moved from the UK on May 1st which was the day CR joined the EU and have spent the last 4 years renovating our farm house and outbuildings which had been standing empty for 10 years and previous to that had been occupied by an elderly lady who had lived alone for many years. To say the place needed work would be an understatement!!

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Welcome on forum!

3. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Welcome to another world -. I think our paths may have crossed elsewhere! :)

Polednikova
    aka Meridian

4. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Welcome!

5. Well Well, isn't cyber space a small world (if that makes sense) I notice this world has a Jen from the home of Kosel beer, which reminds me I must send off my bottle tops to get a mushrooming knife.

6. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Vítám vás

7. bohemiandude

bohemiandude Member

Waz Up! Welcome. Just wondering how far away are you from Stadlo. It's a small village in the south where my grandfather was born.

8. Hi Bohemiadude, we're not near Stadlo, from the map I looked at we're a couple of hours away.

9. bohemiandude

bohemiandude Member

I know this is a silly question, but silly me has to ask. What area is Stadlo in?

10. Stadlo is near Olomouc, Olomoucky Kraj. If you google it you'll get a map. Its a nice area but watch out for the Olomouc cheese.

11. bibax

bibax Well-Known Member

You have mentioned that it is a small village near Šternberk. Šternberk is near Olomouc, in Moravia.