Good Czech language school/language teachers

Discussion in 'General Language' started by Anna683, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Anna683

Anna683 Well-Known Member

(I've posted this here, as the threads in the language exchange section don't seem to get many replies.)

Can anyone who has learned/is learning Czech recommend a good Czech language school/Czech language teachers? Reliable and professional teachers/school either in Prague, or Brno, or elsewhere?

I'm looking for one-to-one tuition from teachers with a degree in Czech (Bohemistica), who are able to explain grammar well, who are patient, encouraging and enthusiastic, and who enable their students to make real progress in understanding the language and using it actively.

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I heartily recommend Czech Language Training in Žižkov, Prague 3. It's run by Miroslav Kašpárek, who is very sympatický. His teachers are very nice, friendly and thorough and they make learning what is a very difficult language great fun. They have small classes and the fees are very reasonable.

Their website is www.czlt.cz

3. Ani

Ani Well-Known Member

I can also highly recommend the Caledonian School branch in Narodni (www.caledonian.cz). They have other branches around Prague and the CR. I had two different teachers there this summer and they were both very very good.

4. Anna683

Anna683 Well-Known Member

Thanks very much, Polednikova and Ani.