Home > Reiseplaner:
Unterkunft > Jugendherbergen > Häufig gestellte Fragen
Häufig gestellte Fragen
If you do not find the answer to your question on this page, you can contact
customer support who will try to reply to your email within 24 hours.
How do I book online?
1. Enter your destination, dates, number of people, etc.
2. Choose the hostel you would like to book from
the listing of available hostels.
3. You will now see the prices and room types available.
4. Choose your room type and the number of people in your party.
5. If the information is correct, hit the "Click to Book" button.
6. You will now see a page displaying all the booking information.
7. If the information is correct, click the "Confirm" button.
8. The system will now request you to complete the Booking Form.
9. You need a valid credit card to make your booking. Visa, Visa Delta and
Mastercard are the only credit cards accepted.
10. Click "Confirm" and wait for
your booking confirmation.
How many people can I book for and
for how long?
can book for a maximum of 7 nights and for 10 people
in any one booking unless otherwise specified on the hostel
What happens with the 10% deposit?
booking you will be charged a 10% deposit, plus a $2 booking
fee, both non-refundable as per the booking terms
and conditions. The remaining 90% is paid to the hostel
What credit cards can I book with?
can book using a Visa, Visa Delta or Mastercard.
If I don't have a credit card, can
I still book?
not. A valid credit card number must be submitted in order
for your booking to be secured. If you don't have
card but have been given permission to use a friend's or
card to book - that's ok.
Does the name on the credit card
have to be the same as the name on the reservation?
The name on the credit card can be different from the name
on the reservation.
Is my credit card safe?
All information is encrypted online and securely transferred
directly to the hostel using services provided by
If I am getting a credit card error
while I am booking or waiting for my confirmation, what can
are secure and processed through WorldPay. If you are receiving an error, here are some potential reasons why:
1. There may be insufficient funds to cover the transaction being booked.
2. You may not have filled out all the information fields requested.
Can I book over the telephone or
The hostel booking service is operated online only.
Do I need to be a member to use your
site or to stay at one of your hostels?
you do not need to be a member of any youth hostel organisation
to stay at any of the hostels listed. You do need to book
in advance and have your booking reference with you upon
check-in at the hostel.
Do I have to book in advance?
always recommend that you book your accommodation and other
services well in advance to avoid disappointment. Spaces
can go very quickly, especially
during the high season.
Can you check availability for me?
online availability that you see is uploaded by each individual
property. We have no control over this availability as
it is the direct responsibility of the hostels. Our booking
partner is an online company that provides the technology
for hostels to sell their beds online. So in order to check
availability you must do so yourself online. Enter the dates
that you need and the number of people and you will see all
with availability for the dates of your query.
Can you give me directions and contact
details of a hostel before I book?
hostel has its own unique page on the site, which provides
the hostel description, location,
and facilities. As we are providing an online booking service, we do not provide
you with the telephone number or email address of a hostel
until you have made your
reservation. Once you have made your reservation, you will be able to view
full contact details and directions to the property on your
Can you send me a brochure?
All the information we have about the property is displayed.
- Each hostel has its own page or section. All the information you need
will be on these pages.
- At the top of the page there are 4 photos uploaded by the hostel to give
you an indicator as to what their property is like.
- The pictures of the rooms
will not necessarily be the rooms that you will be staying in on your arrival.
- The hostel will have a description of their property and the facilities
- The information displayed here is uploaded by each hostel.
- It is up to each hostel to ensure that all the information here is correct.
The hostel also uploads its own rates and availability.
I am an older traveller. Will I still
be able to book one of the hostels online?
a hostel has any age limits, it should specify this on its
hostel page. All the information on the hostel's page
is uploaded by the hostel itself and should be accurate
and up-to-date. It is the responsibility of each hostel
to ensure all the information is correct.
I have not received my confirmation,
what can I do?
Once you click the "Confirm" button
it should only take up to 1 minute to receive confirmation
of your booking on screen.
- You will then be sent a confirmation email with your booking
details. It's important that you enter the correct email address
- when booking.
- Please note that due to the nature of the internet and individual email
servers emails will sometimes not be received. If you
- require confirmation
of your booking please click here.
What happens if I want to cancel
you wish to cancel your booking you must contact the hostel
directly. Once the booking leaves our system we have no
over it. Contact details for the hostel are on the booking
- In the event of a cancellation, the booking fee and deposit are non refundable.
You must cancel at least 24 hours before your
- arrival as failure to do so can
result in your card being charged for the first night's stay.
What if I need to amend my reservation?
must contact the hostel directly to see if they can amend
your reservation. Contact details for the hostel are on the
booking confirmation. You may need to cancel your reservation
and rebook online. The booking fee and deposit are non refundable.
What happens if I don't show up and
haven't contacted the hostel?
the event of a no show, the hostel will charge your card
for the first night's stay and cancel any remaining nights
booked. The deposit and booking fee are
I have just noticed on my confirmation
that my book in day is the same as my leaving day, how
can this be?
you make a booking for 1 day only, the date on your booking
will be the day of your arrival only. The confirmation only
shows the dates reserved and not
the check-out date.