5 manchester lads

Discussion in 'General Language' started by washy1968, Jun 22, 2008.

1. washy1968

washy1968 Member

going prague in july
    5 lads age 40.29.27.21.21
    best things to do ? :D

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Try to specify for how long are you going to Prague, and what do you prefer (sights, culture, museums, gardens, clubs, ...).

3. washy1968

washy1968 Member

going for 4 nights 24th to the 28th july
    looking for the best pubs to drink in
    karaoke bars or any fun bars
    thanks lee :D

4. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Culture? He said 5 lads from Manchester. That's where I'm from and I can tell you that they won't be interested in culture! All they want is the cheap beer and for goodness sake, don't tell them where we were on Friday - I want to be able to go back there!

5. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Sorry, Lee. I think you've got the wrong website here. I think I can say without fear of contradiction that going to karaoke bars will not be a popular pastime for the members of MyCzechRepublic!

But most of the Prague guidebooks will have a section on the bars round Wencelas Square, which is where I think you will want to base yourselves - a tip for when you get here, you'll find it's not called Wenceslas Square but Václavské náměstí.

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Do I detect a hint of poshness there, Gina? ;) You'd better never visit Japan! :) I personally know and like a member of My Czech Republic who enjoys going to (and actively participating at) karaoke bars, even in Prague, and I think you gals would like each other if you had a chance to meet. She is a university professor and she loves the Czech Republic and its culture. She's made quite a few posts on the boards here.

Regarding the best things to do in Prague, I'm sure those depend on your interests. For example, I don't understand how people can visit Prague and never make it to the Prague Castle or how they can walk by the Municipal House at night without giving it a single glance while exclaiming over a shop window full of absinthe bottles, but I tell myself that everyone has their own reasons for coming to Prague. If you're primarily looking for pubs and bars, you'll find lots of them here. I don't frequent them much and I definitely don't frequent those you guys are probably after (i.e. the touristy ones in the center?), so I'm not one to give you any firsthand tips. I have a feeling that you won't have a problem finding the right places. After all, you can probably just follow your fellow countrymen. I'm sure you'll spot some pretty quickly in downtown Prague. :)

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I also love karaoke bars. I go to one particular place almost every Friday night. However, none of my Czech friends agree to come with me, including my husband. In fact, I've never encountered a non-American there. :)

Here's a short video of our Friday night fun! :D

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=36410268

And just for fun, I thought I'd change my pic to a karaoke one. :wink:

8. washy1968

washy1968 Member

love the video
    looks like you had a fun night out :D
    i am just a normal guy who just likes a good night out
    :lol:

9. dzurisova

Actually, those pics were a combination of 3 fun nights, put to a fun song! And yes, it's always a good time. :)

I must recant the statement of only Americans being there. I was able, just this last weekend, to convince one of my Czech friends to go, but only because he had absolutely nothing else to do and I assured him there were pretty girls there. However, he admitted the next day, "Surprisingly, I had a really good time."

10. washy1968

washy1968 Member

i am the 40 year old ha ha
    so i like to chill out more than the others
    but we all like a bit of sing song
    ino the english have a bad name
    that all they want to do is get drunk and have girls
    but when you are away on hoilday its all about fun isnt it :D

11. dzurisova

When my husband and I were walking the streets of Prague late one night, I heard English so I turned to see a large group of drunk English men. They were having fun, that's for sure! :) I know what Dana was talking about when she said, "just follow your countrymen". :D

12. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Hey dzurisova, I see you guys have way too much fun at the Featherbone.
    That looks like a blast.

13. washy1968

washy1968 Member

how much does a pint cost than
    we are in Wenceslas Square :?:

14. washy1968

washy1968 Member

surely we are not that bad :D

15. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Washy, ahem, head for the pub, then the bar, then order a lager.
    Repeat 20 times, sing, dance, be merry, wake up in the morning & wonder where you are, repeat each and every night.
    Wobble home.
    Sorted!
    Or-
    Arrive, sample local wine. I heard the Moravian is very good. Order local cuisine-visit food and wine forum for good ideas-visit the castle, take a trip down the Valta, marvel at the astronomical clock, ask how the mechanism works, visit a brewery, sample the beer, visit a monastery, enjoy the, fin de siecle, stained glass windows by Mucha. Visit Moravia and view the history of the Slavs' by Mucha, goto jazz cafe to see Nigel Kennedys' critically acclaimed freeform performance & buy some velvet to cover your car with when you go back to madchester.

16. dzurisova

Although I prefer the later (save the covering car with velvet idea), to each is own. It's his time and money, he should spend both doing what he finds the most fun - without experiencing a pugnacious reproach for it.

17. washy1968

washy1968 Member

surley someone must no the price of beer lol :?:

18. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I paid 33Kc for a fine beer (1/2 litre) in a nice local establishment, 50Kc in a trendy disco, 20Kc in a small local pub, and 150Kc at the Airport...

19. washy1968

washy1968 Member

so its not euro you pay in
    its czk or kc :?:

20. washy1968

washy1968 Member

whats better to use czk or euro :?: