am i paying to much?

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by anu, Jul 14, 2005.

1. anu

anu Well-Known Member

i rent a studio near the náměstí miru, fully furnitured, kitchen with fridge and stove - i pay 14000 (12000 plus utilities 2000). is this okay or am i paying to much?

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I guess it is not too much, as I know about unfurnished studios in the outskirts of Prague where the rent is 8,000 to 10,000 Kc without utilities.

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

It seems bit high to me, but I am just paying for my own, with no in-between. Utilities seems also rather high, but if they don't know how much you would use, they have to insure by padding up the bill so they don't end up having to pay the difference. I don't think it includes telephone does it?? You pay for each even local phone call by minute.

Unfortunately, I cannot look up my utility bills as I am not in the country. My bank account is showing the total monthly payment for all my financial responsibilities in Praha.

It is very decent location, convenient. I have heard from local person that he pays 12 000 for rental of 2 bdr. appartment in suburbs, but you always pay more for location. If you like it keep it, if not that much and you are staying longer, you can always keep your eye open for other possibilities.

4. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

its too much 100%. Garsonkas start at 5000 and go up to 8000 depending on m2.

Utilites at 2k is about right...look at www.sreality.cz to get an idea of rents.

5. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

I suspect that a major factor here is in the "fully furnished" versus a bare-bones studio. Those small flats that are nicely furnished DO cost quite a bit more!

Susan

6. anu

anu Well-Known Member

thanks to everyone!

magan: no, telephone is not included, i don't even have a fixnet...
    and thank you for the link, kjp, i think, i'll start to look for another flat, maybe i'll find something cheaper!