Bargain Airfares to Prague

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by GuyFullaLove, Jun 4, 2006.

1. GuyFullaLove

GuyFullaLove Active Member

Any tips on bargain RT airfares to Prague from Newark Airport or Philadelphia? The best I know of is on Czech Airlines non-stop from Newark Airport to Prague for $600 in the summer.

What are the low season months to Prague???

Does it really matter if one visits Prague in wamer months?

I heard that there are very low rates (non-stop) for $340... Anyone knows where to find them and are they worth it?

How much does one expect to pay per night in a cheaper hotel with internet connection? Are hotels typically safe?

In Aruba and Montreal, I stayed at the Sheraton and Holiday Inn, and it was very safe to leave my laptop in the room....

Thank you all...

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Wish I would know of any bargains like that. I fly frequently from Toronto and had never heard of $600 flight to Prague.... perhaps price you have is without airport fees and tax which makes quite a difference.

Czech airlines are most convenient for flight to Prague as they are only ones which fly straight without transfer like you have with KLM, Lufthansa or BA. Seasons are same like with many i.e. summer holiday time is most expensive, shoulder season is sometimes end of Sept., high season again around Christmas, and lower after.

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any cheap non-stop flights either. Prices generally drop some around the 1st of September and then again after the 15th or so. With fuel prices the way they are, even those flights are getting higher. Best bet is to look at a site like Orbitz - they purchase a block of tickets early in the season and maintain a pretty steady line on prices. Need to do it early though, if you wait too long they release the unsold tickets back to the originating airline and the prices go up. If you are flexible with your travel dates and can leave anytime, take a look at cheapflights.com - they often have last minute deals that can be a real bargain. Afriend of mine did that recently, only drawback, it was a multi-stop flight that took nearly 24 hours to complete (about 8 more that a one-stop from here in Tampa would have taken).

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Even better is to find Czech Association in larger city near-by and call them to ask where they buy their tickets. I buy mine at Nitra Travel in Toronto and even though I always check all airlines they have always best price for Czech air. You have to reserve early as low season/lowest price is sold first. I believe there is something "Czech" or Czechoslovakian" in every bigger city phone book.