Bringing a PC in

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by strange_too, Jun 12, 2006.

1. strange_too

strange_too Active Member

Is there any problems DHL'ing or flying in a PC to CZ from UK? I want to give my GF a new one as her's is so slow. But I'm just not sure how to get it there.

The other option is to buy there, but I'm not sure of the prices etc.

Also would I get hammered with taxes importing a PC in?

Thanks for any advice.

H

2. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member

You can buy some laptops for around 20,000kc maybe cheaper or more expensive depending on where you live etc..

3. strange_too

Thanks, I'm trying to do this as suprise, so I wanted to get ball park figures for CZ.

With the current £ to CZK exchange rate, I think it will be better buying a latop here. Then I can just bring it in the same way as I do when I go out there every month and just forget to bring it back ;)

Anyone know of a good computer shop in Praha for PC components? As I could build her a desktop machine and configure it in less than a day.

H

4. Zeisig

Zeisig Well-Known Member

5. MK

MK Well-Known Member

My 2 cents

1. If you unpack your laptop and put it in the bag then you can bring it to any country you wish.

2. If you are able to prove that you bought notebook inside EU then you do not need to pay duty tax. It is paid only on EU borders. Unfortunately airports are EU borders so that it is better to have your bill from UK shop handy (but most probably you will not need it).

6. strange_too

Thanks for the replies.

H

7. magan

magan Well-Known Member

I travel with my laptop back and forth between Canada/CR frequently and it never occured to me that someone would even take notice if I bring it back or not.
    They are not keeping track of it as far as I am concerned.