Canada Brochures @ Canada Ambassy ??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by gementricxs, Mar 18, 2006.

1. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Do you know if I can find any official brochures about Canada in Prague. Like Czech Republic has campaign "slow down" and prodused lot of material for tourist about Prague, I think I should be able to find something similar about Canada. I would like to find brochures about Canada with all the Canada's information. I think that ambassy is good choice, but I'm not sure. I don't want to go to the ambassy and find out that there's nothing. Any help appreciated. (I'm sure I can find lot of info on the internet, but I want official printed materials)

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

I am in Canada, but don't know what exactly you mean. Is that re speeding (car) ...Ministry of transportation...or is that "slow down and stay in our town for a while". My professions was in tourism and I don't remember any campagn. Every town has beautiful "welcome" place for visitors with tons of brochures and kind advice on anything you may want to know. Tourism information is very well develepod even in small towns and they are very efficient in mailing any material you request - even mailing it overseas. They just need your home address and you will get tons of material. If this is what you are after search for any Canadian Province by name + tourism or any city/town..interesting place and request what you would like to be mailed to you.

If there is anything else you need help with PM me.
    Magan

You can approach

3. gementricxs

Yes, that's exactly what I want. I want the material for my school leaving exam. One of the 25 questions is Canada and I would really like to read it from official materials. Basically I want some general info about Canada and then about every province and about some major cities.
    I thought some material could be at Canadian Ambassy in Prague, so if anyone know about that let me know. You're saying about mailing overseas, are you sure they will mail it or actually the cost for mailing overseas is little bigger, would it be still free?

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Yes, mailing is very expensive, but Information materials are free, but your mailman would not be able to carry it if you ask every province + to mail you their stuff. I have some stuff mailed from another province and it was guite a package which did not fit into large mail box. There is no cost to you.

So it is not any specific campagn like http://www.gnb.ca/cnb/news/tp/2005e0467tp.htm ? Just information on Canada?

You can get same (as mailed) information on internet. If it is only information regarding every province and lets say capitol city of every province, there is official tourism website. There is official website for every little town too (all paid for with our HIGH taxes) i.e.

OFFICIAL tourism links are here and you can find small towns by name+tourism - go on dreaming, you will have lot to read.
    http://www.freetravelguides.com/canadaprov.html

If there is anything else I can help let me know, but propably by PM, or they will kick us out of here....not Czech related......unless Czech wants to visit Canada??

5. gementricxs

I just got email from Canadian Ambassy in Prague and the don't have any brochures. They have only "Kanada v kostce" and there's only the most basic information about Canada, like population, area and so on. So if you are looking for similar information as I'm looking, Canadian Ambassy isn't the best place.

6. magan

magan Well-Known Member

No, not Embassy, but go right to canadatourism or individual provinces in those links. I have problem with PC, so cannot check on it.