Canadian looking to write to or meet Czechs

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by Rosemary544, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Rosemary544

Rosemary544 Member

Dobre Vecer...good evening...I am a czech women, 100% born in Canada. My dad used to say that there are only 2 kinds of people in this world....Czech and those that wish to be married to one. Ha ha. I had a grandfather Vincent Plesnivy who was an Artist. I have some of his postcards,but would like more. Could you sent me some by e-mail or tell me where I can get some. My mother Bozena Plesniva came to Canada in 1930, met my dad Joseph Novotny and married in Winnipeg Manitoba. I was born in 1944, am one of 8 children. my parents has passed away but would like to write to a czech person, or meet one if you ever come to Canada. I live in Medicine Hat Alberta. I will be waiting for any replies. Ruza...

2. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Well if you born in Canada then you are Canadian I think.
    I'm born in UK and I consider myself English.
    :D

3. Rosemary544

Rosemary544 Member

No matter where I live, my roots are all in the czech republic and always will be. Because of my mother and father, grandmother and grandfather on both sides, and who knows how far back from them. I am proud to be Czech-canadian. I would love to have some e-mail pals from Prague or Brno. write to me. my e-mail address is rosemary5gy@hotmail.com
    Spanam Bohem...i know that they don't say that anymore but I feel like saying it...God bless you..