Chcete Mluvit Cesky?

Discussion in 'General Language' started by Isa, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Isa

Isa Member

Dobry Den!

I really want to get hold of a work book and text book with CD's called "Do you want to speak Czech / Chcete mluvit Cesky?" by Helena Ramediosova and Elga Cechova, but I can't seem to find ANYWHERE I can buy it in the UK! Can anyone help!? Or maybe recomend an alternative language course?

Dekuji! :D

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

3. Isa

Isa Member

Ahoy Dzurisovak!

Thank you for your reply - but unfortunatley that is not the one I am looking for...

The ISBN number is 8086727041

But thank you so much for your help!

Isa :D

4. Howard

Howard Active Member

Hi

I think it is the book you are asking for. I have an earlier version (1997)(with a different ISBN). Most of the bookstores in Prague have the book, and I saw the new edition came some years ago. It is pretty much the same as my edition.

It's not good as the only book to use if you are learning Czech by yourself (without a teacher). It has many good tables and summaries, but has very few written explanations.

I have used it in combination with "Colloquial Czech" by James Naughton, which is completely different from the "Do you want to speak"-book. They complement each other.

Best regards

5. Isa

Isa Member

Hi Howard :D

Please can you tell me the ISBN number that you have on your book? I have had a look on the link previously on this thread, the book looks completely different from the one that my Czech Friend bought for her husband... and hers is by two people not just one.

Would be interested to know what the ISBN is on your one.

Dekuji!!! Isa x

6. Howard

Howard Active Member

Hi,

The ISBN on my book is 80-902165-1-X.

It has also an e-mail address to the publisher (I have not tried it): harrputz @ mbox.vol.cz

The books are in an "identical" series: Czech/English, Czech/French, Czech/Russian, Czech/German etc with the only difference that the non-Czech languages are changed.

Best regards