Computers and Internet

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Lilac, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Lilac

Lilac Member

Hi :)
    During my (close) stay in Prague I will need to use a computer with internet due to professional reasons, and that includes acceding to a specific application from the Portuguese Ministry of Education that requires strictly Internet Explorer, so please could you tell me if:
    - computers with internet are easily available, and if
    - they commonly use Internet Explorer or if they use any other system, like Mozilla or something like that.

Many thanks in advance.

2. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

yes
    and
    yes

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

To be a bit more specific - there are many Internet Cafes in and around Prague. Do a search (Google, Ask, whatever) you will find many. The connection speeds are generally quite good and use charges are reasonable. Enjoy your stay!

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Are you asking whether or not you can buy such computers in the Czech Republic, or are you looking for a public-access computer with internet access at someplace like a public library? The answer to the first question, as Glenn said, is yes. I don't know the answer to the second question.

5. Lilac

Lilac Member

Hi
    Thank you for the replies, I had already read that the public-access to computers with internet connection is easy to find in many places in Prague, but I just wanted to hear you on this subject, since many people here know the city and therefore I would get informations based in your experiences, so thank you one more time :wink:

Sova, about your question: I am looking for a public-access computer with internet that allows me to work with an application (that requires Internet Explorer only) that will be online during my stay in Prague.

I guess I won't have trouble finding that. :)