Concerts and live-music bars

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Lilac, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Lilac

Lilac Member

Hello
    I'll spend 2 tweeks in Czech Republic in early August and I've been searching for concerts in the country for those days. I found this website:
    http://prague.tv/articles/art-and-cultu ... e-concerts
    but I was wondering if there is any other website with more dates (I got the impression that the ones mentioned there are just the big concerts, but I might be wrong), and for "smaller" bands, including czech ones, that would be a great experience.

I would also like to ask if anyone can recommend me live-music bars/clubs/cafes with rock/alternative music, since I only find clubs and discos with DJ's and that would be nice for one time but I really prefer small places with something like the typical garage bands. Can someone help me on that? I haven't found much information about it.

Thanks, in advance.

Oh, and by the way, I couldn't help noticing, on the website that I mentioned, that Mariza will act in Prague this month, she's the best portuguese "fado" (our traditional type of music) singer, I leave here the suggestion for you to check on that :wink:

2. adaliancruz

adaliancruz New Member

thnkz for the info!