Confused about the Italian forum

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by KJP, Jan 7, 2005.

1. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

What has a page in English about the Czech Republic anything to do with Italian? Why do we have an Italian forum here :}} ???!!!!!

Heck, why not add a forum for Ukrainain, for they rank second in population of foreigners?

The Italian thing here seems kind of .....out of place. There should, however, be a forum directly related to business though (just my 2 cents)

2. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Hi KJP,

The Italian forum is here to give the Italian visitors to our site the opportunity to talk about the Czech Republic in their own language. The forum is linked from the Italian section of My Czech Republic at www.myczechrepublic.com/it.

Dana
    My Czech Republic

3. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

ahhh....
    granted, but why the Italians and not the Ukrainains, Spanish, asians, etc...

I sense a moderator of Italian desent...:}

4. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

We've had an Italian version of our site since 2000 when one of our contributors was an Italian living in Prague. My Czech Republic also has some content in German.

Dana
    My Czech Republic

5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Hi KJP,

I am Lorenzo and I was kindly asked by Dana and Jeff to act as a moderator in the Italian forum with absolutely no pressure from my side.
    I think Dana has already given an exhaustive answer to your question by saying that the Italian forum is connected with the Italian language pages of My Czech Republic: Italian pages about the Czech Republic associated with an Italian language discussion board. I don’t see this as a discrimination act against other nationalities but rather a nice way to start people also communicating in another language other than English. If you have ever taken a look at the “La Tua Repubblica Ceca” section of the Italian pages, you may have realized how much feedback Dana and Jeff have been getting from Italian visitors to the site through these last few years.

Regards,

Lorenzo

6. brcek

brcek Member

I am not italian but i give my support to the italian site even spanish is my mother tongue, italy is a important country with more than 50mill pop. but also try in other european languages... :p