CZ>EN : a few sentences prosim..

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by milton, May 11, 2007.

1. milton

milton Well-Known Member

Vetsina z nas tak moudra neni. Skoro vsichni se teto bolesti vice ci mene obavame a snazime so proto problemum vyhnout. Okladame je ze dne na den v nadeji. ze zmizi. Nevsimame si jich, zapominame na ne a predstirame, ze neexistuji.

I don't understand it all , but the jist of what I understand, I'll write below:

Most of us have no wisdom. Practically everyone of us, minus a few dread problems and actually strive to avoid problems.-- and the 3rd and 4th sentences, I don't have a bloody clue..

Any takers??

TIA,
    Milton

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Vetšina z nás tak moudrá není. Skoro všichni se této bolesti více či méně obáváme a snažíme se proto problémům vyhnout. Odkládáme je ze dne na den v naději, že zmizí. Nevšímáme si jich, zapomínáme na ně a předstíráme, že neexistují.

Most of us are not so wise. Almost all of us are more or less afraid of this pain and strive to avoid the problems. We postpone them day after day hopping they will (simply) disappear. We pay no attention to them, we forget them and we pretend they don’t exist.

A colorful paragraph written in the typical “humanistic” way, I think. The translation for technical types of person could be:

We ignore our problems because of fear.