(CZ->EN) sms translation pls

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by tonywright11, Feb 10, 2006.

1. tonywright11

tonywright11 Member

could any one translate the following sms for me pls i understand the odd word but i think a lot of it is slang and abbreviations and cant find them in my text books
    "cau mamco jak v nemocnici co ti je? ja ziju na pohpdu-makam v praci a u tatky.mam ted novou fabiu, dostal jsem licenci na zavody(profesionalni). up ravu.ju bytecek-pohoda. ty cisla minuly cisla muzu vymazat?"
    any help would be most appreciated :)

2. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

that's a strage text with lots of typos and odd punctuation, but here is a try at it

Hi, mom, how come in the hospital? What's wrong with you? I am living in comfort - working at work and at dad's. I now have a new Fabia, I got a racing licence (professional). I am refurbishing the flat. Awesome.
    Those numbers-past numbers I can erase?

Hope it helps...
    H.

3. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

tonywright11, you can breathe again - he is not having an affair! It's just a note to his Mom.

This is not the first time someone is asking us to translate third party correspondence. I don't think it's ethical. :?

4. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

wow, I must be really naive, since I never think to be suspicious of any of the translation needs. I figure they read it somewhere in a book, or article, and were curious . Interesting. Maybe I've become too Canadian and have lost my Czech "edge"

5. tonywright11

tonywright11 Member

it was actually a random text i fecieved of a czech friend but obviously not intendede for me lol thanks for the translation