Czech high schools

Discussion in 'Culture' started by megan, Jul 11, 2004.

1. megan

megan New Member

In about a month I will be moving to the Czech Republic for a year on an exchange. I believe I am going to language school and then the regular gymnasium. Any hints on proper conduct or dress code?? I was told that clothing is more dressier than in Canada (where I live now)... but dressier like high heels?? or what?! I'm lost.... thanks for the help!

2. amraam_7

amraam_7 Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell in general, maybe you can get some info from these pictures... my class

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hi...are you going on a high school exchange? with what program? do you know where you will be? i will be there too, about an hour south of ostrava. k well just sayin hey...

Hayley

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

As you can see on the photos, Czech students usually have to wear slippers or other "home shoes" in school. So even if you came on high heels, you would have to leave them in the dressing room :)

Amraam: Nicely cleaned blackboard. It remindes me my class service days :)

5. megan

megan New Member

Thanks everyone for the help!! Based on the photos, the clothing looks a lot like what I'd find at my own school (except for the slippers, thats all new to me.) To Hayley- I am going on a rotary exchange to Kromeriz (there are accents on that, but I cannot show them with my computer...) It is 3 hours south-east of Prague and it is a UNESCO site. Bye for now!