czech lessons for children in London

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by ivi, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ivi

ivi New Member

Does anybody know whether there are czech playgroups or lessons for children in London? Need to get my 6 year old daughter to improve her confidence in speaking czech.
    Thanks

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I don't know about any Czech lessons in London. I'm sure there are Czech speakers/natives in London, maybe even in the area where you live. Try to do some search, post ad in London's papers or so.

Just wondering, are you Czech? You have to be if your kid speaks Czech, right? So, you can speak with him/her in Czech, can't you?

3. mdusin

mdusin Member

what if she is not Czech?

4. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

That's why I am asking. I just can't see how the kid could speak Czech and the parents can't.

5. ivi

ivi New Member

Just to clarify.
    I am czech, my husband is not. However, I have been living abroad since I was 8, therefore to speak czech to my children does not come automatically and/or naturally. I would like my children to be able to understand and speak the basic language because we still have family in Czech. So if anybody can help my daughter to get started, please, come forth.

6. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

For Czech lessons, you might try the list of tutors on our site. There are 10 tutors listed there in London with their contact information.

7. ivi

ivi New Member

Thank you Sova

8. Sigma

Sigma Well-Known Member