Czech wife has baby here in U.S. How do I get baby's citzens

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by semicek, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. semicek

    semicek Member

    My Czech wife and I live here in the U.S. She is a permanent resident and we just had our first baby in December. Does anyone know how I go about getting little Sami's Czech Citizenship? Do I need that Apostille thing or will the Czech Government just take her American birth certificate and give us her Czech one?? Thanks in advance. Sam :?:
  2. Dana

    Dana Well-Known Member

    Hi Sam,

    I don't have experience with this, but the Czech embassy in the U.S. may very well be able to issue the Czech citizenship certificate for your daughter. I think there may even be a time period during which you need to apply for it, so you may want to give them a call or email them. They typically respond to email within 24 hours. You can find their contact info at ... bassy.html (under America - USA).

    Good luck!

  3. semicek

    semicek Member

    Dekuju za vasi pomoc! Na shledanou, Semicek (Sam)

Share This Page