drinking age in prague

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by mikey, Feb 16, 2007.

1. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

Still an idiot! :wink:

I'm sorry if i'm old fashioned or politically incorrect, but i defend my right to an opinion. The sort of behavior and ethos and disrespect for others, that in my mind stevothedrunk represents has undermined English core values and people have been afraid to say anything or stand up to them for fear of causing "offence".

dzurisova - I also defend your right to your opinion. :)

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Read my post carefully guys. I'm not speaking of political correctness or keeping your thoughts to yourself. Obviously, I'm one to state my mind as I did in the post.

As I said, he has the right to say it and many may agree with him. And it didn't offend me at all. I could care less if stevothedrunk is called an idiot, he's not my family. I just wanted to point out the irony of the statement, being offensive while pointing out that someone is offensive.

I'm a great defender of the American Constitution and all about freedom of speech. As for being politically correct, who cares. Being a polite person is what matters. And I'm not saying that Wissy is impolite, he may be a very polite person, but looses that courtesy a little when he gets angry at people who embarrass him. :wink:

Simply put, his post appeared to me as a complete oxymoron and I wanted to point that out. Read my post again and you will see that I didn't tell him not to say it. I didn't even cast a moral judgment on what he said. Frankly put, I've called several people "idiots" in my life time. Yet that doesn't make it non-offensive. I also didn't tell him not to offend people. I simply pointed out the irony that he was complaining about offensive behavior while using what some might consider offensive behavior himself.

Now don't get your undies in a bundle people! No one is trying to stammer your free speech! :) Or your right to be offensive! 8) :wink:

Eso, sorry, I don't understand the point you were making in your post :?:

3. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Why there is a quarrel necessary on account of one such an idiot?

You (we) should be happy he is gone. (Gone, but maybe closer than before :wink:)

4. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

with any luck, stevothedrunk is nursing a terrible hangover :lol:

anyway - I think we all understand each other

time for more fun and games!

5. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Glenn, the forever loving peacemaker! 8)