EN>CZ (Urgent Please Help)

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by leon700, Jun 16, 2006.

1. leon700

leon700 Member

I am writing a card on some flowers for my girlfriend who is about to arrive in England. Could somebody please translate this to czech. My girlfriend speaks perfect english but the flowers will be more special if I write the card in CZ.

It will be appreciated immensly......

"baby I am so happy you are here, 2 months is such a long time and I appreciate your patience with me. U know I will do anything to make you happy and this is just the beginning of the rest of our lives together. I love you so much my beautiful prague princess.

Your monkey man

Leon"

My girlfriend arrives tommorow morning so any help in translating this would greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Miláčku,
    jsem tak šťastný, že jsi tady; dva měsíce je dlouhá doba a já si moc vážím trpělivosti, kterou se mnou máš. Víš, že udělám všechno, abys byla šťastná a tohle je jenom začátek zbytku našeho společného života. Miluju tě strašně moc, má krásná pražská princezno.
    Tvůj opičák
    Leon

3. leon700

leon700 Member

Jana you are a superstar..........

and my saviour

Thank you very much
    :D :D :D :D

4. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Leon----to vzkaz je rozjareny.
    Vim, ze nemuzes tomuhle rozumet, ale se me rozesmejes.

5. leon700

leon700 Member

And what does this mean?

6. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I guess scrimshaw wanted to say
    "Leon - it is a happy message.
    I know you cannot understand it, but you make me smile."

7. leon700

leon700 Member

Cool.....

Thanks again for your help Jana, my girlfriend was really surprised with the card.

I am glad that I make you smile scrimshaw even if I dont mean to...

8. scrimshaw

Thanks Jana for translating my message.
    Hele---mate plany na dalsi vecere v peknech restauracech v Praze?
    Bavil jsem se slyset pres foru o posledni vecere.
    Potom padal snih, urcite do tehle doby je cas mit dalsi vecere s forumymi
    prateli.

9. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Scrimshaw, I'm confused. You obviously speak and understand English. So why do you insist on writing in czech on the english forum? Is it just fun for you?

10. scrimshaw

Ha-to be honest dzurisovak--I don't think I ever realized that was an understood rule. I just kind of figured everybody dabbled in the language.
    If it is english only in the english forum---guess I should respect that.

11. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know what language scrimshaw used in his messages, but certainly it wasn't Czech ;))

12. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I wish I were as good at some exotic language as scrimshaw is at Czech (which is very exotic for him, I am sure)!

13. scrimshaw

Eso, that is funny. It appears I'm speaking some odd dialect that only I understand :D
    Thanks for coming to my defence Jana!!

14. scrimshaw

Hey--looking to the left I see that I have been promoted. I am now a senior member.
    Don't know how that happened, but I'll take any promotions I can get.

15. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

It is derived from the number of your posts. When you register here, you start as a new member; after five messages, you become a member and with 60 posts and more, you are promoted to a senior member. So, welcome to the club! :D

16. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Scrimshaw, I didn't mean for my post to appear as if it is a rule. And if it is a rule, perhaps rules are made to be broken. I was just curious as to why you did it. Then later, I found that you are learning czech and was simply practicing (so I assumed by your other posts). Keep it up, it appears as if you enjoy it and its good practice in learning the language. I'm learning as well so by all means, I don't want to discourage anyone. :D

17. Shaka

Shaka Active Member

why dont you post your messages in english and czech underneath or whatever, that way everybody's happy!
    knowing i dont understand czech (yet) makes me feel left out :(

but i know im not the only one, im gettin there, slowly :lol:

18. eso

eso Well-Known Member

jana, scrimshaw:

I definitely didn't want to make jokes from scrimshaw's Czech!
    My English isn't perfect, too.

And I admire him for his language keenness.

All I want say is, that some other person, who's trying to learn Czech can get bad information from scrimshaw's messages, IF (he/she) don't know about possible mistakes.

For example, I didn't understant meaning of message from 20-Jun-06 19:02 (and I'm a Czech) - and again - I don't mean it as any kind of offence.

And that here on web is Ceske forum section, which is designated for communication in Czech language.