English-Czech conversation exchange in Brno

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by Evik, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Evik

Evik Member

Hello, I would like to find a native speaker to speak with informally from time to time(or regularly). I can help you with your Czech. I'm a 32-year-old teacher, live near the centre of Brno and I am fluent in English but need to get more confidence in speaking. Please write here or to the email address in my profile. Thanks

2. Ferocite

Ferocite New Member

Hy, Evik.
    I'm Damijana from Slovenia. I'm coming to Brno in September 2006 fro exchange study to Masarykova University. I study musicology in general lingustics. I'm not native english speaker, but I would really like to learn Czech language.
    If you are interested in conversation with me, please write me to my e-mail: ferocite@gmail.com

Maybe you could tell me anything about this University, how is there,...
    Hope to hear from you.
    Damijana

3. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Hi Evik,
    I am a Canadian living and working in Brno and I have been looking for someone to help me with conversation in Czech. I have taken some lessons but I am stilll not very good in the language. I would also be interested in an english-czech conversation exchange so if you are still interested as well, send me an email schmoo57@yahoo.com

4. mtbikemikel

mtbikemikel New Member

Evik,

I may be coming to Olomouc soon for a year. I'm an American living in Memphis, TN (home of Elvis) but I'm originally from New Orleans, LA. When I know for sure if I'm coming... I'll try to contact you. I belive Brno is not very far from Olomouc...maybe we can help each other as I'm hoping to learn to speak Czech when I arrive.

Mike Leonard

5. bigjoe

bigjoe New Member

Evik,
    Hello, My son is getting married to a Czech girl in September. I am planning to be there and I would like to learn as much as I can by then. I have lived in Ohio, USA my entire life, I had 2 years of French in High School, I have a MS. in Computer Information Systems.

I would like to exchange help with you. I do not know any Czech but I have ordered some audio CD's to start.
    Thanks,
    Eric