Family Culture

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Daniela Paola, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Daniela Paola

Daniela Paola Member

I would like to know more about Family Culture in Czech R.
    I mean... some basic characteristic. For example, in Argentina's family culture, one typical characteristic is that SUNDAY is the day of family, and most of families have lunch together.
    That's about "deepless" themes... but, another example could be that, in Argentina, the father doesn't have to give the permission to let his daughter gets marry. I know that in some countries this is tradition.
    Wow! 8) That's the word, :lol: , TRADITION... could someone give me any "tradition" information about Czech families?
    Thanks
    Daniela

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

There is a nice saying:

Man is the head of the family, but woman is the neck who moves it. :)

3. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Why Halef! Have you been listening to my grandmother? That's exactly what she used to say. LOL!

4. Daniela Paola

Daniela Paola Member

I found another, it could be that in Christmas girls throw some shoes through door, and if the shoe is with direction OUTSIDE (the beginning of shoe), it means that girl will get marry. But when shoe will be pointing to direction INSIDE house, it means girl will not get marry.
    Is it like this? It has this meaning? Is common tradition?
    If you have another traditions, please, let me know!! :)
    Dekuju

5. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is true. If you want to know more, there is a section Czech Customs and Traditions on this very website.

6. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

7. Daniela Paola

Daniela Paola Member

THANX!!

I will study it now, dekuji.

Daniela