Financing Real Estate (Non-EU Member)?

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Boomer, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer Member

Ahoj....

Been awhile since I've been on the forum, but things are getting closer to my move... and had a question cross my mind today (well, this month 8) )

I've located several flats to lease/rent... but am also looking at buying once I find a place/area/district that I really like.

My question is, I was on a realty site, and all over the page, were mortgage/bank adverts -I am sure you've seen them... where you put in your price + down payment + interest rate + term/length and it will give you a monthly cost...?

But as USA citizen, for starters, am I legally allowed to buy a flat in CZ? If so, can I utilize these mortgage/bank offers? or are those just for CZ residents only?

If I am able to finance as a non-resident, does anyone know what kind of information and documentation will be needed? I know many EU countries are different - and some more strict than others (like France) - And FWIW, I'm not talking allot of $$ here (or at least not to me I don't think it is) - like 1.8M CZK and probably would do 20% down... Does that seem "doable"? I guess I want to be prepared to bring whatever papers I'd need if I'm allowed to purchase.

Thanks!

Boomer... 8)

2. bibax

bibax Well-Known Member

For starter: :)

The citizens of the EU states, the USA, Island, Lichtenstein, etc. are legally allowed to buy real estates in the Czech Republic.

3. Boomer

Boomer Member

OK, great news!

Now, do I have to pay cash for it? or can I finance it? :?:

Thanks!

B