Finding Frank

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by Jessica Wisconsin, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jessica Wisconsin

Jessica Wisconsin New Member

I need everyone's help with this. I met a guy named Frank from the Czech Republic about 8 years ago. He was staying with his sister in my hometown, in Wisconsin. He asked me to marry him and I said no when I should have said yes. I couldn't pronounce his last name then and I can't remember it now. I only knew him shortly, but I think of him often. If you know a person from the Czech Republic, named Frank, who has been to Wisconsin-please let me know. I didn't know where to start looking, so here I am. Any responses are appreciated.
    Jessica

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

That would be cool if you found him. Have you tried finding the sister? Do you know her name? Perhaps you could check around Wisconsin for czech people. Try meetup.com or the library to see if czech groups meet. You could see if there are any czech events happening in the area and go to them. Finding his sister, if she is still in Wisconsin may be easier since you are in the States.

3. Jessica Wisconsin

Thanks, it would be cool. I don't know his sisters name and the town I grew up in is super tiny-no one seems to know anything.

4. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

Jessica,
    I find your post really strange. :? Eight years is a really long time. He could be in a marriage/serious relationship, even have children. My humble advice is to leave well alone and move on.

5. Jessica Wisconsin

I thought of that too, but would really like to know where he is and if he is doing well. I would not want to jeopardize his happiness, but just confirm that he has found it, and if not, I could work with that too.

6. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

Jessica,
    Trust me on this. I have been down this route. :cry: Leave well alone. If he has not found happiness then think why has he not tried to contact you over the past few years to find out if you have achieved happiness. This man has moved on and you are not in his thoughts or his life. You will be hurt if you contact him.

Sorry to sound harsh and uncaring. I hope you will not be offended.

7. dzurisova

How do you know she is not in his thoughts. Perhaps he has thought about her several times over the years and he also doesn't know how to find her. Granted, what she is doing is not practical at all but what does she have to loose. Perhaps just the hope of one day finding him will be enough to keep her going until Mr. Right comes along. It's better than sitting on the couch watching sitcoms everynight and eating ding dongs! :lol: Everyone needs a goal and a mission. This one just may be hers for a short time. If it keeps you going, what the heck.

8. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

dzurisovak,
    Lets agree to disagree on this. :) Are you suggesting that she uses this man until someone better comes along? It's just that i am against using people physically and emotionally.

9. Daniela Marie

Daniela Marie Well-Known Member

I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing to contact this guy. In the last few years, thanks to Internet and various websites, etc. I've been contacted by (or I myself have contacted), people from my past, including "boyfriends" of various "degrees" of seriousness. With many, I hadn't been in any kind of contact for 20 years or more (I'm 46). It has always been a pleasant surprise to hear from someone from my past, and I've also always gotten good responses. Everyone has "moved on" and no one expects things to be as before, but it's always nice to know that someone from your past has thought of you.

10. dzurisova

Definitely, I did not mean to suggest that she uses him. I was not speaking of a relationship with this person but rather the effort in finding him. It may be an unpractical and unsuccessful effort, but the effort itself may be the thing that keeps her going. The very effort and hope of finding this person may keep her from falling into depression or feelings of hopelessness. When I said "until Mr. Right comes along", I was speaking that one day she may meet a great person and give up on trying to find this long lost friend from her past.

In no way would I suggest that she find this person with intention to fill time until she meets someone better.

11. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

dzurisovak wrote:

Sorry dzurisovak. I misinterpreted your thoughts.