getting married

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Janca, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Janca

Janca New Member

Hi, we are planning to get married next year. I am from the Czech Republic and my boyfriend is from England. We would like to do it in the Czech Republic, but I have no idea what he needs, what kind of forms...please help...thank you...

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Try contacting the embassy and asking them. They should know.

3. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Just ask the registrar (matrikář) of the city office where you want to hold the wedding ceremony. They will help you with all the paperwork (my personal experience).

4. T'om

T'om Active Member

Hi Janca. How long has your boyfriend been living in the Czech Republic? Is he a citizen of the Czech Republic? Does he have a job there? It shouldn't be too hard to get married if he has been there for awhile.

Best regards!
    T'om

5. Janca

Janca New Member

Hi Tom...no he is not living in the Czech Republic.We both live in England and want to stay here for a while, but thank U anyway.THANK U EVERYBODY.

6. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

In that case, you might want to consider legally marrying in England and having the ceremony in CR. You could simply go before a judge and do the legal thing right before you leave for CR, none of your friends and family would even have to know it. They would assume the legalities along with the ceremony took place in CR.

It sure would be a lot easier for you.

7. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Jana is right, contact your local registrar for help :)

The "complete guide" to getting married in CR can be found here.

8. Benes

Benes New Member

@janaca

I'am from Switzerland. My parents are from Czech Republik but I was born allready in Zurich.

I got married two years ago in Prague. My husband is swiss and it wasn't a problem.

The best is you contact a local registrar in CZ. We needed some paper to fill out and the swiss documents translatet in to czech. We also needed a offical dolmetcher at the ceremony, because my husband doesn't speaks czech. we got married at the townhall at the old town square. ah yes and we needed about three days before to go to the police and they had to confirm, that my husband isn't illeagal in czech. :)

hope i coulde help you a bit. if you have any more questions, just ask.

see you

andrea