gifts for young teens in Prague

Discussion in 'Culture' started by martha k, May 30, 2004.

1. martha k

martha k New Member

What's cool as a gift for a young teen in Prague? My twelve year old is headed for Prague to live with a family for three weeks she has never met. Then their daughter, same age, will come live with us in San Francisco for three weeks. Our tradition is that you take a house gift and small gifts for family members but I have no idea what would be cool for a young teen in Europe. It's tough when you are a) 42 ( and way out of the cool teen age group), and b) American (American cool very different from Japanese cool and Czech cool), to acquire a cool gift for a teen. My daughter likes anime and small plastic toy figures that represent anime and other cartoon like things. She also likes dangly objects like key chains to attach to her backpack for school. She also likes peace signs. She and I are going to pick something up for her Czech friend but were wondering if there are any "cool" things that are hard to find in the Czech Republic but easier to get here that a teen might enjoy. I also have a question about family "host" gifts. Other families here favor the coffee table book. I think a unique California gift like a local artist. Any suggestions? The family loves rollerblading, outdoor activities, music, drama, films and travel. Thanks for anyone who takes the time to think about this, I am very grateful. Also advice for a teen in Prague on safety or teen customs is welcome. Thank you very much! :D