Greetings from Colorado

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Boomer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer Member

Just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone here... Interesting board!

American ex-pat... Just returned from 3 yrs in NZ, but heading to Prague in DEC '08 and am very excited about it all!

Looking at Prague for business reasons... Will ask the usual n00b questions elsewhere... but was surprised to see so many yanks online here, or living there (or heading there) - So that's encouraging :)

I'm starting to get the districts and numbering down.... Can someone suggest some areas that are preferred to live in, over the "bad" areas? Will be there a year or more... so researching flats and transport and such... Oops, Sorry, no questions I know :)

Cheers-

Boomer

Note to MOD: You may wanna bump up your avatar default from 80px and 6kb... or add an auto-sizer and photo attach feature from phpBB... Trying to attach PIX and avatar - but size is killing me :-(

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Welcome, I'm sure you'll love Prague. We came here from the UK in December 06 and have no intention of going back. Will look out for your questions elsewhere and will do what I can to help with them.

But just for now, you'll find that most American ex-pats seem to live in Dejvice - P6 or Vinohrady - P2. Consequently, they're the most expensive areas to live. We're in Karlin - P8, with relative few non-Czechs.

3. Boomer

Boomer Member

Thanks for the warm words and advice... I'm all about the culture- I know us Americans tend to get labeled as 'wanting nice and new' [my last landlord in NZ was Brit, and she was always telling me that Haha] - but would prefer to be part of the Czech community... not isolated from it. [err, if they'll have me?!] And of course "budget" is always in mind... I'm seeing studios around 10-15,000CZK - but have no clue where they are yet... But will ask in "Housing"...

Speaking of... Where would one post about Migration Law and Corporation Attorneys?

Cheers-

Brent