Greetings from Coventry!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by girdeaux10, Oct 6, 2008.

1. girdeaux10

girdeaux10 Active Member

Hi my name is James and January 2009 will see my third visit to Prague since October 2007. I have previously visited Prague with my girlfriend in October 07, her family in July 08 and this time it'll see a group of hockey fans visiting for the Sparta v Plzen game on January 15th & the Prague derby on Sunday 18th!

If you see three lost hockey fans trying to find the two hockey arenas in Prague, it'll no doubt be us!

I don't quite know why Prague has captivated me so much, but I have to say that it has left a lasting impression on me.

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Welcome, James. I'm not surprised you keep coming back to Prague. It's a wonderful place. We moved here from London nearly two years ago and wouldn't dream of going back to the UK.

It's nice to hear you're coming to watch the hockey. I can guarantee you'll enjoy it more than the two NY Rangers v Tampa Bay matches at the weekend, at the O2 arena, Slavia's home ground. I only saw the first one on television but some fans I bumped into on the metro after the second said that it was nearly as dull. And you won't pay 20 times the price, either! :lol:

I think you'll be able to find how to get to the grounds easily enough from the clubs' websites but pm me if you're struggling. Sparta's is slightly more complicated but Slavia is easy-peasy: B metro line (yellow) towards Černý most, get out at Českomoravská and follow the red and white! I think you'll find Slavia's ground ever so slightly better than Sparta's :wink:

The boyfriend and I support Slavia so we'll be at the derby. Our seats are in sector 109 and we'll be in the bar at the bottom of the steps into 109 during the breaks. Pop in and say hello!

3. girdeaux10

girdeaux10 Active Member

Oddly enough I went to watch the NHL in London last year and once the game got going, I thought "what's all the fuss about" regarding the NHL.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always support the Leafs (silly boy) but I don't buy into the NHL being the best and all that. Talent wise probably, but that doesn't mean it's overly wonderful. I've been watching Czech hockey on www.tv.hokej.cz and it's fast and skilled, so kudos to Czech hockey full stop.

4. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Welcome!

5. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I look forward to discussing the comparisons with you in January. :)

6. girdeaux10

girdeaux10 Active Member

Cheers

:)

7. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Vítám vás