Greetings to all from Knoxville, TN

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tnvol66, Aug 8, 2008.

1. tnvol66

tnvol66 Member

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Joseph and I live in Knoxville, Tennessee, US. I will soon be making my first trip to Prague and CR in September and am very excited about it.

I've long been facinated with European cultures and focused in that are when I got my degrees in history and geography at university. I enjoy rock music and sports and hope to take in a bit of both during my two week visit.

I don't speak Czech, and only know a few words, but I hope to improve on that some before I arrive. My trip is not planned out to the last detail, I wanna wing it somewhat, and any suggestions on places to visit or see that a new visitor might not think of would be great to hear about!

Thanks all, and have a wonderful day!

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

3. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

tnvol66, where in Knoxville are you. My in-laws live in Sevierville just off of Rte 66 before the main part of Sevierville.

4. tnvol66

tnvol66 Member

Thank you dzurisova, I will be sure to look into those recommendations. You are in Michigan, correct? I was born in Saginaw, and have relatives scattered thru the state.

And stephan thanks for the welcome. I like in Powell actually, a small community on the northern fringe of Knoxville, about 45 mins from Sevierville.

Thanks again both of you. Cheers.

5. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

And welcome from someone living in Prague.

6. tnvol66

tnvol66 Member

Thank you as well polednikova. I look forward to visting your fine city and country.

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

And I have relatives in TN, Cleveland TN to be exact. :)