Health Insrance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by americkaceska, Aug 3, 2006.

1. americkaceska

americkaceska New Member

I am first generation American and live in the US. My grandparents who are elderly and sick currently live in Prelouc okr. Pardubice. I along with my parents who are american citizens for over 30 years want to bring them here to live with us. Unfortunately we have no idea as how to get Health Insurance Coverage for them here in the US. We have found a few companies but they want over $2,000/mo/person. I just feel that there has to be someone out there that has been through this and may know who to contact or how to find additional companies. Currently, I have emails sent out to the ACF as well as the US Embassy in Prague.

If you have any advice please help!

Sarka

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

How will you get them here legally? Have they applied for visa's to live here?

3. americkaceska

americkaceska New Member

We have not come to that yet. We are first trying to find medical insurance for them. Getting them here will be secondary. They have been to the US many times to visit.

S.

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

If your parents are US citizens, they should be able to apply for a green card for both your grandparents (I highly recommend getting them into the country on a tourist visa first, before applying, however). Once they have green cards, you can apply for Medicaid for them. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other option.