Hiking idea

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by TroskuAmericanka, Aug 2, 2006.

1. TroskuAmericanka

TroskuAmericanka Active Member

Hey for anyone who likes hiking, and would love to see the sights at the same time, here is an idea for you. I was here for an English camp 3 years ago and it was amazing. You can stay in a little place called Richtrovy boudy or any of the other little cottages in the area. It´s located a little outside of the town Pec pod Sněžkou. From there, you can actually hike to the highest mountain in the Krkonoše mountains, Sněžka. (Correct me if I´m wrong...isn´t it also the highest in CR???) You can take different trails to the mountain, as far as I can remember. I don´t remember how far it is, I would like to say 10k though...although it could be farther so don´t quote me on that. I do remember the hike taking all day though. Once you get to Sněžka, you can either sit at the restaurant at the bottom and get some ice cream or a drink, or you can continue walking to the top of Sněžka! It is a great view from there. Also, when you are at the bottom of Sněžka, you can actually cross the Polish border and get your passport stamped! Sweet huh. And you can look over at Poland as well. Anyhow that is my hiking idea, I wish to go there again sometime if I am ever in north CR. Here is some information that you might find handy:
    Učební středisko MŠMT Richtrovy boudy
    Richtrovy boudy
    542 21 Pec pod Sněžkou, tel./fax: 499/896 249
    tel.: 499/796 298
    http://www.pecpodsnezkou.cz/pict/foto/fotka42.jpg
    http://www.pecpodsnezkou.cz/index_en.html
    Have fun!!!! :D :D :D

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Sněžka is a great place. I loved it! Nice hike, too. Granted we got rained on when I went, but from the top was the only place on earth that I've seen a "rain-circle" (that is to say, a rainbow that made a complete circle)! Quite impressive, and if my film from that trip hadn't gotten ruined by the lab in Mlada Boleslav, I'd post the picture.

3. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Favourite hike of my childhood 8)