How do the Czechs feel about the Chinese?

Discussion in 'Culture' started by confused, Dec 17, 2004.

1. confused

confused Active Member

sorry, I am a Chinese New Zealander and I would love to maybe live in the CZ when I'm older, I would like to know if Czech people have anything against the Chinese? Like Dislike or rascism, or if they're completely fine with Chinese?

2. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

The Chinese frequenting this forum did not report any bad experiences with the Czechs. I'm curious: Why do you want to live in the Czech Republic? Why not Hungary or Portugal (to name just a couple of random choices)?

3. confused

confused Active Member

I'm 14 and I live in New Zealand (beside Australia), one of the furtherest countries from Europe, I study German in my High school and it's because of the German classes I take that I know Europe more and I love Europe. Slowly as I read more books on Europe I love it even more, everything about it. I met some Czech people at the airport while I was travelling to Seoul in South Korea and they were so nice and warm, of course I didn't know they were Czech but..I just had this weird feeling...that they were from there like a connection or something to the CZ, sounds weird, but I just had this strange feeling and I was right. I know more about the Czech Republic now, and it's definitely one of my favourite countries, just the whole place you know, the people, culture, architecture, language, history, way of living, it's what I want in my future, that's why I would love to have the experience of living there. Of course, I love Europe and I also would love to live in Germany, Italy, France or as you said Hungary. I don't really mind, but it just has to be what I want in life and I just love travelling so much from my last experience when I went to China. So..summing it up, it's because..the Czech Republic is basically where I dreamed to be when I'm like 24 or something, it's a painting of what I'm trying to achieve..well Europe is, if that makes any sense to you..

4. Ruzete

Ruzete Well-Known Member

i agree with you i'm 16 and live in Alaska, a place very far from Europe, but i want to live there and go to college over there also, still working on a scholarship though!

5. confused

confused Active Member

Wow, Alaska must be really beautiful too. :)

6. Ruzete

Ruzete Well-Known Member

Yes, it is very beautiful alot of mountains and trees!

7. johntheking

johntheking New Member

Fortunatly, I love Europe and I live in ( France ).
    I'm looking for a CZ penpal but I'm also interested in other people. I think alaska is beautiful but COLDDDDDDD !
    Well, I will study in CZ next year in Charles' university. I can't wait more !
    C U ALL
    John

8. Ruzete

Ruzete Well-Known Member

actually it was quite warm yesterday 3 degrees fahrenheit, lol! it gets a lot colder than that!

9. johntheking

johntheking New Member

It is definitly too cold for me ! I will only watch movies and photographs about alaska !