How to learn golf DVD...in Czech

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by kilosierra, Jan 24, 2009.

1. kilosierra

kilosierra Well-Known Member

Is there a website I can go to to purchase a DVD or book on how to learn golf in Czech language? Thanks!

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

That's a coincidence. I've just started going to golf lessons here in Prague, at the Hotel Čechia in Karlín. Although we're being taught in English by a Scotsman who lives over here, I'll try to remember to ask him next week if he knows of any Czech language resources.

3. kilosierra

Wow...perfect timing!! I hope your lessons are going well!! 8) I would appreciate if you could ask your instructor. It is a gift and although it would be understood in English, I thought it would be nice to find one in Czech...Thanks for responding~

4. McCracken

McCracken Well-Known Member

Beware of golf - it can be addictive :).

I have been playing golf for over 30 years and trying to learn Czech for 2 years. On balance, I would say that my Czech is better than my golf - which is a dreadful testament to the state of my golf :) !

Maybe you should organise a "My Czech Republic" Open, Polednikova? Handicap system should be that no-one is allowed to speak their native language during the round :).

5. kilosierra

Wow....maybe you should find a new sport??? LOL... If you haven't mastered it in 30 years I hate to be the one to tell you ....but..... :shock: My czech is trying to learn golf...He speaks english (lives in czech) but I'm trying to find a good tutorial for him to learn from. McCracken...I'm afraid you're not a good candidate to learn from ..... LOL.....You definitely have the drive (no pun intended) to keep on!!! Take Care...

6. Polednikova

LOL, McC! I have now had the total sum of two lessons! But I must say, I improved a lot during the course of the lesson. Yesterday, we went out on the driving range. It took me ten goes to even hit the ball, but by the end of 50 balls, I was hitting the odd one quite reasonably. So there's hope! :)

KS: we had a look to see what there was available on-line and found these sites. The first one in particular has books and dvds...

http://www.golfprovsechny.cz/golfove-do ... 0cb666f871

http://www.golfprovsechny.eu/manual-pro-zacatecniky/

http://golfova-skola.golfczech.cz/onlin ... -golfu.php

7. McCracken

McCracken Well-Known Member

That's the addictive part!

Once you start playing you will find that every now and then you will hit at one shot that Tiger Woods himself couldn't better and that is the one you will remember.

So you think "If I did it once, I can do it again". And you can. But not as often as you want and certainly not every single time like Mr Woods and Co. But you keep trying. And you enjoy every minute of it. Your memory blocks out the 14th trip into the trees to look for your ball and just remembers that perfect putt on the 11th or that great drive on the 15th :) .

That's why I still play :) .

Enjoy :) .

8. Polednikova

I was just thinking that kilosierra was a clever name and wondering what mine would be, based on the same principle, and would you believe it would be golfhotel?!! Hope it's a good omen... :wink:

9. kilosierra

Polednikova...Thank you so much for the websites!! I can't wait to browse through them...
    Golfhotel....maybe you're destined to be the next great golfer!! 8) LOL....
    Thanks again!
    PS...Are you anywhere near Brno? Maybe my Czech can take lessons with your instructor as well!! :idea:

10. kilosierra

eek!!! I don't understand Czech!! I think maybe I will need to find him one in English after all :(

GH...Děkuji. I appreciate your help so much in finding these for me!! Good luck on your golf lessons!!!

11. Polednikova

12. kilosierra

GH...I'm afraid the problem is in ordering..I don't even know if I can order here from the states...I wish my czech were just here with me instead :( I really miss him!

Thanks again for your help!!