Howdy from Oregon

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Xevious, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Xevious

Xevious New Member

Hi everybody! I have never been to CZ and do not plan on going in the near future. This site fascinates me because my ancestors were Czech - they moved to Oregon in the 1910's. I hope to learn something about my roots, although I am sure modern CZ is somewhat changed since the time of my ancestors. I hope to visit the Czech Republic, when I am older and richer.

2. Frank_pivo_4

Frank_pivo_4 Well-Known Member

3. ondrejana

ondrejana Well-Known Member

Hello and greetings, Xevious.

My husband and I just only recently moved to Oregon ourselves (within the past year's time).

I understand that most Czechs who did settle in OR early 20th century..most aren't really choosing to reside in OR any longer? I receive my info. from the president of the Czech Oregon Society, which we have been marginally part of.

I suppose that most of the emigrating was to the Midwest. Which part of Oregon are you? We're here in Pdx and enjoy the city very much, esp. b/c the make-up of the city is not entirely different from Prague's itself.

Though you have no plans now, when and if you finally do go, the place will blow you away... Praha is perfectly preserved city!

Anyhow, welcome all the same...
    Jana Svitek