Is there ebay in the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by nasdaqit, Feb 25, 2006.

1. nasdaqit

nasdaqit Member

Just curious (for a reason) , can someone in the Czech Republic buy and sell on ebay?

Thank You

2. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

yes, I live in Canada and have bought some items through eBay from Czechs

3. nasdaqit

nasdaqit Member

Thanks Kanadanka, I was wondering because with all of the old great glass in places like the Czech Republic and Austria, I would of thought I'd see alot more of it being offered on ebay. If they have access to ebay, I don't know why it's not be listed. I can't really say that I'm all to familar with the Czech culture or people or economy. Maybe it's a lack of computer owners or not trusting in international transactions or maybe they're just smarter than us and want to keep their heritage and antiques in their own country.
    Thanks for answering my question

4. evian

evian Well-Known Member

The thing with eBay is that Paypal is the most commonly used form to send and receive money. I'm not sure if this is still current, but when Paypal was introduced in CR just over a year ago it could only be used to send money, not receive. Perhaps this could be a reason why you don't see a copious amount of Czech vendors on eBay.
    It's just easier and more practical to use local online markets.

5. magan

magan Well-Known Member

If there is Czech e-bay, can you post link please? Thanks.

6. nasdaqit

nasdaqit Member

Thank You Evian for the info

7. phi11ip

phi11ip Well-Known Member

Just tried http://www.ebay.cz and that works.

Regards
    Phil

8. MK

MK Well-Known Member

ebay.cz is only search engine but the logo on the top of the page links to the www.ikup.cz which is one of czech online marketplaces.

9. nasdaqit

nasdaqit Member

Hi, I just went to www.ikup.cz and in the upper right corner, you can change the language to either Czech or English or German , which is kind of cool and helpful.
    Thanks