Lone Traveller in Prague and the Czech Repubublic

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JonathanBarker, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Hi/ Dobry den

In two weeks time I'm flying into Prague and will be staying (initially) at the Elf Hostel in Zizkov, Praha 3.

I am interested in meeting other travellers, for a coffee, drink etc as well as advice about what to see and do.

I also plan to visit Brno, and Plzen and am sure I can get to these places by train.

For my last day/ evening I'm thinking of heading to a small town to the north of Prague where I can enjoy real czech hospitality and still get to Ruzhne airport for a flight Saturday afternoon 29th November.

I had hoped to sort out a contact locally to help me with Czech pronounciations.

I look forward to any help and advice

Dekuji mockrat

Jon

2. Hi Jon and welcome. I'm sure you'll have a great time in The Czech Republic and you will enjoy travelling around this beautful Country.

3. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

Welcome to MCR. That sounds quite an ambitious plan, Jonathan. How long are you going to be here for? I'm no expert but I am from the UK and have lived in Prague for nearly two years now and I'd be happy to meet up for a chat when you arrive.

One initial thought, it might actually be quicker to get round the country by bus.

4. Yes the bus is usually quicker and easier to get around the country.

5. Dobry den (hello)

I hope you get this reply, as I am new to this site.

Djekuji mockrat.

I am staying in the Zizkov area in the Elf Hostel, and I have hired a czech language CD and phrase book.

Thank you for your offer. I would like to meet you when I'm Prague and am interested in any advice you might have.

I do have some concerns as I am unsure about finding places, but have taken notes from books and from the hostel.

I hope to write again.