Looking for a Czech - Slovak restaurant in London

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Minky, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Minky

Minky New Member

Does anyone know of a Czech - Slovak restaurant in London or Home counties?

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

There's the Czech and Slovak Club on West End Lane in West Hampstead, London NW6. www.czechandslovakclub.co.uk

It's a club popular with the Czech & Slovak ex-pat community in London but is open to everyone, not just members. They serve all the traditional Czech/Slovak dishes - dearer than in Prague but good value for London.

3. Minky

Minky New Member

Having dined in the Czech Restaurant London last night, I'd recommend the roasted goose with sauerkraut and dumplings to everyone.

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

And it is easy to find. You just exit West Hampstead tube station to the street, go left down the hill. The place is on your left, not sure how far, it is almost 2 years I've been there, say 200-500 m.

However, beer is czech, prices are english (june 2006, 1 pilsner (0,5l) = 2,8 quid). But it is worth it :)

5. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

It's lovely to think of you having been the Czech Club, Minky and DjAtavar. My father used to be the manager there immediately after the war - on his British naturalisation certificate, it gives his address as 47 West End Lane. So I feel a real sentimental attachment to the place.

6. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Next time i'm in London I think I'l give it a try. Hopefully I will be in Prague beforehand I'm sooooooooo looking forward to it.