Looking for a flat(mate) in Olomouc !

Discussion in 'Housing - For Rent, Sale or Exchange' started by Cocotte, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Cocotte

Cocotte New Member

This year I'm going to study at the University, so I need an accomodation...
    If you're in the same case, I'm interested - or maybee you can help me : is it hard to find something ? where should I start my research ?
    - Thank you anyway -

2. Matej_CZ

Matej_CZ Member

Hi, Olomouc lives from students so there is big selection of student accomodation. Private flats for share are advertised (but in Czech) at many places at school bulletin-boards, prices ranges usually between 2000 - 3000 Kč. You can have luck to find a place in offical student dorms, are rooms are allocated now but usually some people didn't arrive in term and there is possible to accomodate there (ask some people from the dorm offices, I think you have to ask 20th of 21th of September in the morning) after the term. The prices varies between 1600 - 2200 Kč, I think. Last year I stayed in private dorms in the centre, this year the price will be 1700 Kč for a month, but I don't recommand you to stay there as I had some problems, some people there are very rude (especially girls), the dorms are used mainly by people who aren't so distant from Olomouc but who don't want to be with parents (=> they want to drink a lot, party hard in the night and be "free" in the most primitive way). Girls smoke everywhere there including the kitchen (but all French are smokers [or not?], so this shouldn't be problem for you), there are shared fridges and thefts from them are common. Six people on the room and you have to bring everything yours, including feather bed.

3. flo_a_8

flo_a_8 Member

Hi Cocotte,
    I am currently living in an appartment here in Olomouc with two other girls. They are both University students (they both don't speak english..but clearly i do :D ). I believe there are still two spots open for rent here.
    I sent you a private message with my e-mail. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks.

4. elinel

elinel New Member

Hey Cocotte...

Did you ever find anyplace to stay? I'm having the same problem... need a flat or a flatmate or both.

Just curious, because I'm just beginning to search and it's a little intimidating.

Thanks
    Elín