looking for Czech teacher in West Midlands - England

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by danielcj, Feb 5, 2007.

1. danielcj

danielcj New Member

hi, i am interested in learning Czech, however i cannot seem to find any teachers/tutors from the West Midlands (preferably Birmingham) sooo could you please message me if you are one, or know of anyone who is, thank you!

2. themixdj

themixdj New Member

I'm also in need of this service. I'm learning Czech slowly from my girlfriend, but feel it's better to have an independent teacher to save arguments! :D

Based in North Warwickshire, willing to travel. Please help!!!!

3. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't know anyone but - and you may already know - that a lot of Czechs were based in Leamington Spa during the war so there might be some second generation Czechs who speak the language.

Having said that, I'm a second generation Czech and sadly, I don't speak the language. I've moved to Prague in order to learn but that's a bit drastic!

There's a website in the UK for ex-pat Czechs called CzechStuff - www.czechstuff.com - or you could try the British Czech and Slovak Association's site at www.bcsa.co.uk

4. themixdj

themixdj New Member

Thanks for your help. I had no idea about the 2nd gen Czechs so local to me. I'll see what I can find. Couldn't see anything on those sites either, but help appreciated... Dekuju!

5. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member