Looking for lonely women with high IQ

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by FierceKitty, Dec 27, 2004.

1. FierceKitty

FierceKitty Well-Known Member

There are really men out here - well, one at least - who enjoy intelligent female company and aren't intimidated by a woman who enjoys chatting about the relationship between trio sonatas and jazz improvisation, who regard it as a recommendation if a date's well out of her twenties, and who are impressed if someone has the patience to follow an inordinately long sentence to its deferred (but not cancelled)concludion.
    If you're still reading, and preferably enjoy art galleries, forest walks, dangerously strong coffee, and cats, send me a message. I'm lonely and getting discouraged looking for the right one.
    Alexander. (aka Fierce Kitty)

2. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a hard one - a four-digit IQ! I'm afraid you'll spent many a lonely evening, FierceKitty... :wink:

3. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

Ye, too funny, a four digit IQ, got me laughing hard!

4. uuspoiss

uuspoiss Well-Known Member

I wonder what any of the conditions listed above (loneliness, cats, strong coffee, forest walks, jazz etc) have to do with anyone's IQ? :) Good luck anyway!

5. babicka

babicka Well-Known Member

Sorry read it wrong!! To find someone, you should go out to places where you will meet people with common interests.

6. cechofil

cechofil Well-Known Member

I take it Alexander, that your own IQ is in the four digit category. Certainly, you would not insist on that kind of intellect in a (potential) mate without having that to offer her, in kind. Right? I also wish you luck, though. And, I do have one suggestion for you. Have you considered contacting Mensa or any other similar organizations? I think you may find some lesser intelligient beings there but hey, we all have to make concessions at some point. Please do keep us all informed. I'm sure that I am not the only one wanting to know where your quest leads you....

7. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why are you making fun of Alexander. What is wrong with his post? I suppose the "four digit IQ" to be a little joke, that's all.
    And uuspoiss, if you read carefully, you realize that he does not connect coffee, walks etc with IQ.

Actually, if I fulfilled the basic condition (being a woman :) ), maybe I would reply.

8. iluvuma1

iluvuma1 Well-Known Member

I agree, Halef-

I have read a lot of chauvenistic, laughable requests for Czech female companionship on these boards purely on a purely physical basis. I have read posts where the men have offered to PAY for female companionship, as well. This man seems to want to actually have a conversation with a woman. Good for him, he shouldn't be mocked. Good luck!!!

9. uuspoiss

uuspoiss Well-Known Member

You're right, and I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone. Sorry if my post implied that.

I guess my idea was that sticking with the description of desired common interests would be less intimidating for a potential contact than emphasizing the required level of IQ. There's always the little problem of meeting the other person's expectations. For all I know, my IQ could be well in the two-digit range (never measured), but I do enjoy many of the things listed up there (or even all of them, with the possible exception of cats) and can have conversations about things that I'm interested in. Sadly, I too would fail in the gender category.

Alexander, good luck once more. BTW, if you don't mind answering, what and where are you teaching in Brno?

10. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

I agree with Halef. Good luck Alexander, I hope you get some responses! Greetings to Brno!

11. cechofil

I think Halef, that some of the strong sentiment that Alexander's post has elicited stems from a veiled premise (probably unintended) that some female readers may not even be capable of comprehending the verbosity of his first sentence. In his second sentence A. says, " If you're still reading this"...It's almost as though the women have just passed the first elimination round merely because they are still reading. Although I really doubt that A. meant to be condescending, it felt that way to me. Don't know if I have the requisite IQ to respond here but at least I am of the appropriate gender. I say, it's all in good fun though, isn't it?
    But, before I exit the soapbox, I do get SO tired of hearing the defense that men are just looking for someone capable of carrying on a conversation, as if most women aren't capable of doing that?

12. cechofil

I think Halef, that some of the strong sentiment that Alexander's post has elicited stems from a veiled premise (probably unintended) that some female readers may not even be capable of comprehending the verbosity of his first sentence. In his second sentence A. says, " If you're still reading this"...It's almost as though the women have just passed the first elimination round merely because they are still reading. Although I really doubt that A. meant to be condescending, it felt that way to me. Don't know if I have the requisite IQ to respond here but at least I am of the appropriate gender. I say, it's all in good fun though, isn't it?
    But, before I exit the soapbox, I do get SO tired of hearing the defense that men are just looking for someone capable of carrying on a conversation, as if most women aren't capable of doing that?

13. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

OK, OK, now I feel guilty for starting this avalanche. Sorry for my catty remark. I wish you good luck in your quest, Alexander!

14. cechofil

Ooops, must have hit the submit button twice. That will surely eliminate me from Alexander's consideration! That was just a little joke, no malice intended. I don't think we should all be so sensitive, myself especially. So, wishing you best of luck in your pursuits FierceKitty.

15. babicka

babicka Well-Known Member

I think what Alexander really means is that he wants to be able to communicate with someone on the same intellectual level as himself. Someone, who is able to discuss some of his favourite subjects in depth, (like classical music and jazz for example). This does not necessarily mean that they have to have way above average intelligence.

16. FierceKitty

FierceKitty Well-Known Member

Gad, did I really touch off such a strong reaction there? And yes, I DO imply that most women can't carry on an intelligent conversation; in this they tend to resemble their male equivalents pretty closely.
    I've visited the local MENSA club a few times; lovely people, but almost entirely in their early twenties. If you're lonely and randy it's discouraging to find yourself the grandfather in the group you're prospecting in.
    I'm a TEFL trainer at a school in Brno, and I think good musical taste is likely to be quite a useful index to intellect, to answer the other questions.
    Happy Saturnalia, all, and try not to catch this cough - it's a bastard.
    Alexander.

17. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

>I think good musical taste is likely to be quite a useful index to intellect, to answer the other questions.<

Not always, FierceKitty (I love this nickname). To my knowledge, performers (symphony orchestra members, opera singers) are no intellectuals. I grew up in that environment and believe me, there are no Einsteins.

18. brigitte

brigitte Well-Known Member

I find that men, on the surface, say they like an intelligent woman, but it depends HOW intelligent. A lot of men find intelligent women intimidating, especially if she can hold her own in a discussion based around typical male subjects. I speak from experience, having upset quite a few men in discussions about footie, computers, aviation and cars! What happened was that the conversation started off ok enough, but once it dawned upon the male counterparts I knew what I was talking about, I got a very cold shoulder, almost looks of disgust!!

One conversation was with a man who didn't approve of the fact I knew how to couple a HGV (heavy goods vehicle) and I knew what each of the coloured cables were for!! He openly mentioned it wasn't right for a woman to know such stuff! :lol: He was quite offish with me after, he wasn't a boyfriend, just a mate of a mate. Another couldn't hack it when I found a problem with his computer in 5 minutes that he had been fiddling around for in days....

I like to have intelligent conversation, I'm not at all girly, but it entirely depends on the person I'm speaking to. A lot of men have sooner or later turned the subject around to sex and dumbed it down themselves!

19. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

What is that supposed to mean? Isn't one's taste in music a matter of personal preference and doesn't it depend on a number of factors, such as age, personality, experiences, even external influences? I'd be curious to read your definition of "good musical taste". Are you saying that if I'm bored with trio sonatas and like the energy of Linkin Park, I lack intellect? It's like saying that intelligent women only drink Cabernet.

20. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I think the point that FierceKitty is getting at is better described not as "good musical taste" but as "appreciation for good (presumably serious/classical) music." Perhaps, this is a minor detail, but enjoying music isn't the same as understanding the complexity of a composition and appreciating the genius behind it.

I think the logic behind FierceKitty's argument, is that a person who has a good appreciation for classical music, can often be assumed to have had some education (formal or informal) in music, and that this can be extrapolated to mean that a person is educated (I'm not sure that "educated" = "intellectual"). This is of course a gross overgeneralization in my opinion, although such assumptions may often be true.

The reverse, assuming that a person is not educated/intellectual based on a lack of such music appreciation, is an even worse generalization, as many people are educated, but just not in music.

Interestingly enough, I have found that a disproportionate number of my physicist friends have musical talents as well. Read into that what you will--I won't draw any conclusions from it.