marriage documents

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by ejleong, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. ejleong

    ejleong New Member


    I'm an American getting married to a Czech woman this fall in Budejovice. In my research, I've found some conflicting reports of which documents I need to bring with me, which ones need to be certified in the States, which documents need to be translated into Czech, etc. Can anyone help me figure this out or point me in the right direction?

    We intend to live in the States, so eventually I will have to file the Spousal Visa forms; however, we wanted to have a reception in the States for my friends and family that can't make it overseas two weeks after the wedding. Can my wife enter the States at the point before all the paperwork is finalized (which from what I've heard takes anywhere between 9-12 months)?

    Thanks for any help you have to offer!
  2. brook

    brook Well-Known Member

    I would recommend getting in touch with the nearest Czech embassy or consulate (that is, assuming you're in the States now). I imagine they would have the best and the most accurate information for you.

    As far as your wife entering the States after you're married - wow, I have no idea - might try referring to the State Dept. or maybe try this website, which is provided by State:

Share This Page