More greetings from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gasp, Apr 25, 2006.

1. gasp

gasp New Member

Hello from Minneapolis, Minnesota! My wife and I are planning to move to Praha next year hopefully to teach English. We've been to your fair city once in 2003 and loved it. We're trying to teach ourselves a little Czech, as there are no classes or resources here as far as I can tell. This board is great and I'll be posting some specific questions in the Expat forum later, but for now I just want to say thanks to the people who put this together. Cheers!

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Welcome. Prices went up since 2003 and teaching jobs are not as plentiful and easy. English speaking person is not enough anymore, most places want qualified people (TEFL etc.). Just so you are aware.

Glad you enjoyed Praha. It is filling up with tourists now. I thought I was seeing some parade from the street car and it was more than three buses worth of tourists marching by. :shock:

3. gasp

gasp New Member

Thanks! We plan to get TESOL certification, and my wife has a Master's in English and has taught college English and tutored ESL students, so she'll be fine. I'll have a harder time, but from what I've read it still seems possible.

4. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone with recent experience in prague can chime in?