movie Lord of War (Obchodník se smrtí)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by gementricxs, Jan 11, 2006.

1. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Just want to remind you that new movie is coming out this monnth in Czech theathers. This movie is directed by Andrew Niccol and starring Nicolas Cage. most interesting about this movie is that part of the movie was filmed in Czech Republic.

This film charts the rise and fall of Yuri Orlov, from his early days in the early 1980s in Little Odessa, selling guns to mobsters in his local neighbourhood, through to his ascension through the decade of excess and indulgence into the early 90s, where he forms a business partnership with an African warlord and his psychotic son. The film also charts his relationship through the years with his younger brother, his marriage to a famous model, his relentless pursuit by a determined federal agent and his inner demons that sway between his drive for success and the immorality of what he does.

The tanks and Kalashnikovs are real and was borrowed from some Czech guy (he actually had 100 these tanks) and this borrowing had one catch, the guy needed them back in December, because he sold them to Libya.

What do you think about that?

Interview with director.

2. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

Very interesting interview :). I saw that film some weeks ago (from internet) and it was very good.

3. Suniskys

Suniskys Active Member

I saw the film when flying back to Canada from Prague and thought it was horrible and I usually love films like this!