Mrazov, CSR

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by stepan, Feb 28, 2006.

1. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

I was born in Mrazov, CZR but have been unable to find it on any map. It is somewhere west of Praha - about 40 minutes. Anyone here know about Mrazov or is from there?

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

It's Mrázov. Check this page, the red square is your village. At the bottom of the page are numbers with magnifying glass, you can use it to zoom.
    map

3. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

YEP - that's it -THANK YOU - I could not get the accent on the"a". My mother did tell me it was near Tepla and Marianske Lasne (sorry about no accents).

Now where is Becov in relations to Mrazov?

That's where I was born and from where we escaped after WW II into Germany. My father was a music professor and we lived on a farm in the area. Of course I was too little to remember anything of my native land.

Now another question - my father was a graduate of the Prague Conservatory of Music - probably in about 1924-1927 time frame. Is there any way I can get information on him? I did try to e-mail someone at the school - Miloslav Richter at the Archives and Library - but never heard from him. Maybe there is someone else I should contact.

I am so glad I found this website.

4. MK

MK Well-Known Member

5. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

Thank you :lol: .. I believe we lived in Becov at one time. As I was only 2 when we left, it must have been brief. I do know I was born in Mrazov.

I do know that my father was married and had 2 sons and maybe a daughter - they would be my half siblings and probably in theri 70's now since my parents had me when they were older. The also lived in the area. I would like to make some contact with them.