need help finding Dagmar

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by Jaycom, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Jaycom

Jaycom New Member

Hello!

I'm Jaycom from Holland. This weekend I visited Harrachov and met a very nice girl there. But... I did not ask her contact information. :( All I know is this:

- she is called Dagmar
    - was in Harrachov on a holiday with 10 friends on march 10th 2007
    - around 1.65 meter
    - around 23 years old
    - works as a trader in autotyres, she mentioned Michelin
    - knows a lot about Prague (maybe she lives there?)
    - speaks Czech (of course), English and German fluently
    - she visited The Netherlands (Utrecht) some time ago

How can I find her? Do you have any tips for me? Please help!

Cheers,
    Jaycom

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Does needle in a haystack mean anything to you? There are 10 million people in the Czech Republic and over 1 million in Prague (assuming she is from there). I don't know what your odds of finding such a person given such scanty information are in Holland, but I can't imagine it would be any easier. I wish you good luck!

P.S. This site only has some 9000 users at present, perhaps 1 in 5 of which are Czechs living in the Czech Republic, and probably 10 times less of whom still frequent this site. Still, you never know ... you might get lucky!

P.P.S. Rule #1: If you like a girl you just met, get her phone number! (or address, e-mail, SMS, cell, pager, etc.). Or give her yours.

P.P.P.S. I suppose you could try to hire a PI, but this smacks of stalking!

3. Jaycom

Jaycom New Member

Yes, I realize the chances of finding her are really small. But I'm going to try anyway because I have to! :) So... got any tips for me?

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Normally, I'd say try the Czech whitepages, but you need a surname and city of residence for that, neither of which you have. Plus, she may still live with her parents. Short of hiring the PI, I'd either try to search for tire companies, and hope they have directories for their employees (not to mention a website in the first place--definitely NOT a given). Perhaps in searching tire companies you might at least find a likely company, and therefore city. Other than that, there's probably not much else to do short of moving to Harrachov and hoping that she'll eventually come back for another vacation. Of course, maybe there are online meet-up places that she might frequent, but that's probably just another black hole to suck up all your time.

5. Jaycom

Jaycom New Member

What kind of Google search terms would you use for this?

I think I'll give that a try too - do you know any online meet-up places?

Thanks - your help is greatly appreciated! :D

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Or - you can bribe reception clerk in Harrachov hotel(s) for guests information ;)

I'm sorry, it's only my wicked mind, i don't abet you :)

7. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Not sure what to tell you on that one. Just try multiple combinations. As I said, it's a long shot. Try Googling the meet-up places.

Actually, eso's idea is pretty good (er, uh ... I mean it's bad and you shouldn't try it, but all the same it might work :wink: ).

8. Jaycom

Jaycom New Member

I'm looking for meet-up places now. What sites would you recomment?

Cheers,
    Jaycom