Palacký University Olomouc

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by dzurisova, Jun 19, 2007.

1. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I have an online friend who is trying to make email contact with the Course Secretary of the course "Czech for foreigners" at Philosophical Faculty.

He has been to the website:
    http://www.upol.cz/en/faculties/philosophical-faculty/czech-for-foreigners/

but the email address for the course secretary is not on that site. He called Mgr. Martina Friedlová. Pani Friedlova explained that he needed to talk to the Course Secretary but due to the language barrier, he could not understand the email address. Nor could she understand his email address.

If anyone knows the email address or a way to find the email address for the Course Secretary, please help us.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Katka

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Careful about posting people's email addresses on the internet. They'll get snagged by spammers and these poor people will get their email flooded by spam. I suggest sending the addresses by PM or at least writing them out, such as petrporizka at upol dot cz.

Dana

4. dzurisova

Thanks for the information. I've passed it onto my friend so you can change the format so that the addresses don't get snagged. :)

Once again, thank you very much! :D

5. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

The addresses are published on the UP website, therefore widely accessible (and the new UP server has a strong wall blocking the spam messages). However, I will delete that part of my message.

6. evantula

evantula Active Member

Katko, try this link. It will bring you to a site that has a lot of information and links, including an application form, etc. -- see below.

E :)

SUMMER SCHOOL OF SLAVONIC LANGUAGES
    PHILOSOPHICAL FACULTY, PALACKY UNIVERSITY, OLOMOUC
    July 22 - August 17, 2007

application07.pdf (92KB) - application form
    Please send the application to the SSSL address.

You will receive a letter confirming that you have been enrolled in the language course you have chosen and a leaflet (or letter) with information and instructions of practical character.

If you have any special requests please let the SSSL organizers know before June 30, 2007.
    PhDr. Petr Porizka - director
    Tereza Vrbová - secretary

SSSL FF UP
    Krizkovskeho 10
    771 80 Olomouc
    Czech Republic e-mail: lsss@centrum.cz
    Tel.: +420 585 633 156
    Mobil: + 420 603 353 570
    fax: +420 585 633 000, +420 585 633 012

UP | FF UP | AS FF UP | děkanát | studijní odd. | org. stránek | webmaster |
    Filozofická Fakulta UP, Křížkovského 10, 771 80 Olomouc,
    tel.: + 420 585 633 156, fax: +420 585 633 000, +420 585 633 012, lsss@centrum.cz

GOOD LUCK, Let me know how it works out :)

7. dzurisova

Děkuju evantulo ale this request is for an online friend. He already has an acceptance letter and needs to work out some details. When he called Pani Friedlova, she explained that he needed to speak to the Course Secretary. However, he speaks no czech, english is his second language and probably hers as well because they had a hard time and he could not get the email address. He believes he has it now thanks to Jana and hopefully it will all work out.

Thank you very much for your willingness to help evantulo! :)

8. evantula

evantula Active Member

Nemas zac Katko ... I hope everything works out for you. You should know that I love your name, because that's my sister's name ... I call her Katenko and my niece Kacenko ... :roll: ... take care