Paying a deposit to CR from the US

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Danjakob, Dec 28, 2010.

  1. Danjakob

    Danjakob Member

    Dobrý Den,

    I need to pay a deposit for my housing for VUT by January 12th.
    I was wondering if anyone knew what the best way to do this is?
    This is what the school has for the matter.

    I could do a wire transfer but it costs $45 on top of the 200 Euro deposit.
    I'm looking for a cheaper option though.

    I might try calling the bank in the morning to see if they can help me.


  2. Alexx

    Alexx Well-Known Member

    $45 is nice rip-off :)

    Try to google some money transfer company, they should have better conditions than banks. I remember when I was in London there were plenty of those.

    And/or look at Wester Union, how much would transfer to CZ cost.
  3. Danjakob

    Danjakob Member

    I found a site, I think I can trust this site and it seems to have minimal fees.
    I'm going to explore this option a little.
  4. GlennInFlorida

    GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

  5. Alexx

    Alexx Well-Known Member

    The cheapest option is to put money to the envelope and send it over to someone trusted :). However the most risky one :).
  6. Danjakob

    Danjakob Member

    Yeah, I got an offer on the brnoexpats forum for someone to do that, but it seems VERY risky. Especially since I don't know them.

    I won't be using the XE service.

    Worse comes to worse I can just pay the 45 dollars.
    But I'll wait until the 3rd so I can talk to the university.

Share This Page