pedestrians or cars?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by anu, May 17, 2005.

1. anu

anu Well-Known Member

who's got priority on czech pedestrian crossings (when there's no traffic light)?

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Pedestrians.

3. meluzina

meluzina Well-Known Member

by law, at all zebra crossings, the pedestrian has right of way, but this does not mean that all drivers abide by this law...

4. szarkafarka

szarkafarka Well-Known Member

for me personally - all vehicles except child scooters

IMPORTANT: the trams have the highest priority (even on the zebra crossings - braking distance)!

5. crossczech

crossczech Active Member

szarkafarka is absolutely right.

however pedestrians have priority, one can't rely on that overspeeding truck loaded with bricks that it will really stop; even if the driver decided to give it a try.

on the other hand, in last years i observe serious improvement. however my point of view can be deformed, since i spend most of the time in moscow, where driving (and street walking) reminds more of the battle ;-]

6. magan

magan Well-Known Member

If walking/crossing the road, you have to be very careful, there are many drivers who don't care.

7. anu

anu Well-Known Member

hm, it's tricky... the green light for pedestrians stays about one and a half seconds (funny), then it gets red, but nobody cares because the cars have red light for another, lets say, ten seconds. so first i was the only one stupedly respecting the red light, then i started to cross the street by red - though always carefully watching the red light for the cars. and now... yesterday i was almost overdriven by a tram!!

should have thought of your advise, szarkafarka!

:)